Summary of Qualifications
Application Developer / Technical Architect with strong analysis and communication skills; technical experience in application development; and mentoring and documentation. Early adopter and anxious learner of new tech and ideas.
Particularly interested in security, emerging languages, distributed computing, Functional Programming, and Data Analytics. My current tech-crush is Elixir/Phoenix, and LiveView.
I can solve Rubik's Cubes, and juggle (a little). But not at the same time.
- Designed and implemented the "Bundled Payments" facility.
- Backend developer doing onboarding work relating to billing and reporting tasks.
- Added ability to alert the Payment Operations staff of account updates to help prevent fraud.
- Adding ability to automatically "gate" Customer Payments to reduce the window fraudulent payments, and make Payment Operation's job easier.
I am responsible for the design and implementation of user stories and bug fixes originating from the Product, Development and QA teams; covering coding, testing, and deployment of UI, backend, and automated testing.
Resident testing evangelist, and RDBMS Third Normal Form enthusiast.
- Info-share product feature and architecture between Cloud and Enterprise teams
- Present periodic "new hire orientation" Engineering department overview
- Resident Groovy, Spock, complexity, and metrics evangelist
- Help design and implement new security features and detections
- Implementing cloud based front end for existing Cisco on-premises system(s)
- Shepherd code through CI/CD systems / DevOps
- Directed work for "Host Classifier" research effort
- Worked with Research Team to plan areas of study
- Liaison with UI/UX team to visualize research outputs
- Organized and managed customer feedback sessions
- Investigated different ways to intuit host types from network data
- Prototyped graph based network host visualizations
- Prototyped streaming based data-flow architectures
- Prototyped CQRS/Event Sourcing data analysis
- Embedded with development team on "Host Group" microservice development
- Assisted with development of in-house "common development stack" using Docker
- Designed and developed "Saved Search"/reporting functionality
- Introduced MongoDb
- Transitioned development team from ant to maven
- Managed training and transitioning of development teams from CVS to git
- Design, develop, and debug new product features
- Technical Architect for team developing a payment hub system for BNY Mellon, supporting global currencies and payment channels across multiple geographic regions. See Also
- Developed and deployed an international payment file converter, allowing the United States Federal Reserve to transfer files to and from European partners using ISO PACS 008/004 format.
- Architected, developed, and deploying an ebill presentment and payment system in concert with TODO1 to be used in Banco Mercantil.
- Architected presentation layer for application allowing billers to offer bill pay services on their own site; using CheckFree I-Series, java JSF.
- Architected and implemented webservice based EBill caching service, reducing mainframe CICS calls by over 1.5 million per day; using BEA WebLogic webservices, java, and IBM CTG.
- Introduced WebWork web framework to CheckFree, which was subsequently used to add functionality to MyCheckfree.com, several internal projects, and a system health-monitoring application.
- Full SDLC development of entire retail shopping cart application
- Design and develop batch interfaces to wholesale fulfillment company
- Designed and developed JDBC/database persistence layer for "Enterprise Platform" using Java, JDBC, JSP, EJBs, Jakarta Struts.
- Proposed, designed and wrote test harness speeding up debugging and testing by 80%.
- Developed UNIX server-side technical messaging architecture at Turner Broadcasting Inc. using C++, Oracle 7.x, BEA Tuxedo 6.x, HP-UX 10.20
- Developed internationally traded securities & Federal Reserve clearance and settlement system
- Launched, headed, developed, and managed all WWW services for the Tampa Application Development office
- BattleBots, a chess-inspired ELO ranking of robot fights: https://unixgeek.com/battlebots09-nocarryover.html
- Phoenix, a freeshard implementation of Dark Age of Camelot: https://unixgeek.com/phoenix.html
- Uthgard, a freeshard implementation of Dark Age of Camelot: https://unixgeek.com/uthgard.html
- Multiple Everquest freeshard implementations: https://unixgeek.com/eqemu.html
Write and maintain a variety of data analytics for online games and TV shows.
Python, Sqlite3, Mysql, Highcharts.js, HTML, and CSS
Training and Certifications
- Tutored students at Student Academic Resource Center at all levels of experience in Computer Science, Computing Theory, Logic and Proof, and Mathematics classes.